Understanding the Difference: HIPAA Security Compliance Assessment v. HIPAA Security Risk Analysis
Compliance assessment? Security Evaluation? Risk Assessment? Risk Analysis? Compliance Analysis? Huh? Just what does the HIPPA Security Final Rule and/or The HITECH Act and/or Meaningful Use Final Rule require?
Lots of confusion continues to swirl around the difference between a HIPAA Security Evaluation versus HIPAA Security Risk Analysis. No wonder, the terms are often used interchangeably.
Let’s end the confusion…
If you create, receive, maintain or transmit ePHI, you should attend this webinar and learn the difference between these two types of evaluations. This webinar briefly reviews the HIPAA-HITECH regulatory requirements for both types of evaluations, discusses the essential objectives and requirements of both, explains the differences and provides tangible, actionable approaches to complete each one. In this webinar, attendees will learn about:
- Two HIPAA Security Rule Evaluation requirements
- The difference between a compliance assessment and a risk analysis
- What is needed to meet the Meaningful Use Privacy and Security objective
- Proven approaches to completing these evaluations
- Step-by-Step Guidance for completing compliance assessments and risk analysis
- Tools, templates and forms available to help you
See our list of upcoming live webinars, or check out our on-demand webinars with resources you may have missed.