How to Develop Your HIPAA Compliance Policy & Procedures
Do you create, receive, maintain or transmit ePHI? Do you have a strong HIPAA Compliance Policy? Are you prepared to meet new HIPAA Security Rule compliance requirements mandating a very defined set of over 50 policies and procedures to manage Administrative, Physical and Technical safeguards for PHI?
Knowing what HIPAA compliance policies need to be created and drafting, revising and communicating them can be a daunting task for even the largest organizations. Complying with the HIPAA Security Final Rule itself and as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act involves many steps and considerations.
If you create, receive, maintain or transmit ePHI, you need to attend this webinar. No matter where you are in your HIPAA-HITECH compliance policy and procedures journey and no matter where you are in the ePHI “chain of trust”, you will benefit from you will benefit from learning about:
- The HIPAA Security Final Rule policy framework and new requirements
- How to actually design and develop security policies
- Tools to jump-start your policies and procedures development program
The HIPAA Security Policy and Procedure design and development process presented in this webinar has been used by organizations of all sizes. Creating HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures is an important and large project for any organization. Early audits by Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have included reviews of policies and procedures. The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) will certainly include these reviews as they roll-out their new random audit program currently being designed by Booz Allen Hamilton.
- A security policy framework
- The difference between policies and procedures
- Policy design, process and structure
- Step-by-Step Instructions for developing policies
- Tools, templates and forms available to help you